Good night everyone, this will be short and to the point. The 21-day Genuine Challenge was more difficult than I anticipated, especially when people were a bit cheeky.
I have found that it takes making a “conscious decision” to be kind and genuine, it does not happen organically.
It is easy to make sarcastic, negative remarks behind someones’ back, it is also easy to smile in someones’ face while having a frown in your heart towards the person, but it is hard to be REAL.
When I make the statement to “be genuine” I am also saying to stop being the opposite: a fraud, counterfeit, sham, imitation, hoax, when dealing with yourself and others. This is good advice for all of us.
- If you are not feeling well, it is ok to say that when asked how you are doing.
- If you do not like being around a certain group and/or person, it is ok; politely stop being around them and don’t talk negatively about them. Sometimes friendships fade.
- If you no longer like the direction your life is going, don’t act like you do just to impress others, or because you think something is expected of you; instead, make the necessary changes you need in order to have a healthy well-being.
- If you are around a group of people who are always talking negatively about others behind their backs, but smiling in their faces, separate yourself! This is a quick way to be classified as not being genuine.
- If you feel lead to do or say something you know is wrong, decide not to so that you could avoid negative consequences.
I challenge everyone to try the 21-day Genuine Challenge, it will definitely make you think before you do.
Have a peep of my Schoolspiration book!
It is FREE on Kindle and only $2.99 on other tablets: